You should consider the Suunto D9 dive computer when looking for quality scuba diving equipment that will help keep you safe underwater. We wish to provide you with useful information before you make your purchase, to help you make a well informed decision. The D9 has superior features and functions, even in its basic models. In fact, it is known for being the world's first all-in-one diving computer. Prices range between one thousand to two thousand dollars, depending on the options you chose and where it is being purchased. It is rated as a superior computer when compared with similar products in the same price range.
Capable of So Many Functions
You can wear the Suunto dive computer D9 as a watch when you are on dry land, but when it comes time to go for a dive, it features all the gauges to log depth, dive time, temperature, and no-decompression limits over multiple dives. You can switch between gauge and free diving or Metric and Imperial. This dive computer also has a digital compass that is capable of storing multiple headings making it superior to traditional compasses and giving you the capability of memory for easier mapping.
It makes the D9 very attractive for deep and technical dives as it is capable of handling three gas mixes. It is possible to switch gases during the dive and oxygen mixtures of 21 to 100 percent can be measured. The Deep Stop RGBM allows you to add safety stops for these switches as it can be used in depths up to 660 feet or 200 meters. During testing it was found to be very reliable and capable, even after hundreds of dives.
Wireless Transmitter Features
You can connect the optional wireless transmitter to the first stage regulator, which converts the D9 into an SPG. For instructors, you can use multiple transmitters to monitor the pressure of more than one tank, which is helpful, as long as students remember to activate it before the dive starts, because otherwise, you have to return to the surface to activate it. The USB interface and PC software that comes with the D9 divers computer allows your dives to be easily logged and gives you a complete dive profile because it can store all of the pertinent data, including photos from the dive. This is interesting to compile information from individual dives, including the sites, conditions and any other information you may want to store as notes.
Other Things to Note
For Mac users, this software is not compatible, which is one of the only real drawbacks we have found with the Suunto D9, besides the need to replace the expensive battery, which is proprietary and requires the need to return it to the service center or the optional wireless transmitter feature, that has to be activated on the surface. Overall, this dive computer offers everything a deep diver could hope for in a wristwatch style computer. The all-in-one features are some of the best for divers that go on deep and technical dives. It is a superior option to consider when looking for dive computers.
Snorkeling and Scuba Diving
- AERIS Diving Regulator (AERIS first hit the scuba scene in the 90's. Their efforts at that time where predominately the development of diving computers. They did more than that. AERIS and their complete diving range is one of the leading brands of feature filled SCUBA and snorkeling gear. Their level of success is the same today as it [...])
- Frameless Dive Mask (Buy Bargain Frameless Dive Masks
If you pick any Frameless Dive Masks photo lower down, you will automatically go to an additional article that has interesting details to allow you to determine, if you want to acquire these bargain priced and excellent quality frameless scuba mask, snorkeling mask, or frameless face mask inventory specials.
Thanks for coming [...])
- LED Dive Torch (A popular activity and sport amongst lots of people is scuba diving. While participating in this sport, using the correct gear is very crucial. Having the proper equipment for this sport is highly recommended because safety is essential. Among the pieces of equipment that's recommended is a LED wide angle dive torch. This tool can [...])
- Used Scuba Gear (Scuba diving is usually a great activity. There's a complete globe to explore beneath the water, but becoming correctly outfitted is an expensive venture. Scuba diving is usually price prohibitive for some individuals to pursue, but there are choices to purchasing all brand new scuba equipment and it's well worth your time to take a [...])
- Scuba Diving Fins (If you pick any Scuba Diving Fins photo here, you will go to a different web page which contains useful information to help you decide to purchase these bargain priced and select scuba dive fins products. Thanks for coming to our Discount Scuba Diving Equipment and Snorkeling Gear store salesroom. Here you can get the [...])
- Stainless Steel Dive Knife (Scuba diving is one of those recreational sports that must be taken seriously. If it is not then the chance of getting injured rises and you really don't want to hurt yourself or others around you, no? To begin with it's the second largest marine reserve in the world, UNESCO has named it a world [...])
- Snorkel Vest (As you choose a Snorkel Vests photo here, you will automatically go to another web page which has interesting details about how to get these wonderful and attractive snorkeling equipment vest goods. Welcome to this Discount Scuba Diving Equipment and Snorkeling Gear online salesroom. We assist in rapidly finding the snorkel gear vest products that [...])
- Hurghada Is a Real Dive (There are as many reasons for choosing Egypt as a holiday destination as there are visitors to this stunning country. For some, Egypt’s year- round sunshine proves the major attraction followed closely by well-developed resorts, great beaches and luxury hotels. Egypt’s treasures of antiquity with ancient temples, Pyramids and the magnificence of Karnak and Luxor [...])
- First Scuba Diving Vacation (
Go on to Part 2: Hawaiian Dive Boat >>
Everybody who dives has to have a first diving experience. Mine was about twenty years ago of the Big Island of Hawaii with a group of my friends. None of us were certified. How could we be, since it was our first time? If we [...])
- Scuba Diving Regulator (Are you are a scuba diving enthusiast and looking for some help deciding what to buy to complete your scuba diving equipment? Well, fret not. We will outline the four major things you must have for a safe and enjoyable scuba diving expedition. The Mask The number one piece of scuba diving equipment that must [...])