You should consider the Suunto D9 dive computer when looking for quality scuba diving equipment that will help keep you safe underwater. We wish to provide you with useful information before you make your purchase, to help you make a well informed decision. The D9 has superior features and functions, even in its basic models. In fact, it is known for being the world's first all-in-one diving computer. Prices range between one thousand to two thousand dollars, depending on the options you chose and where it is being purchased. It is rated as a superior computer when compared with similar products in the same price range.
Capable of So Many Functions
You can wear the Suunto dive computer D9 as a watch when you are on dry land, but when it comes time to go for a dive, it features all the gauges to log depth, dive time, temperature, and no-decompression limits over multiple dives. You can switch between gauge and free diving or Metric and Imperial. This dive computer also has a digital compass that is capable of storing multiple headings making it superior to traditional compasses and giving you the capability of memory for easier mapping.
It makes the D9 very attractive for deep and technical dives as it is capable of handling three gas mixes. It is possible to switch gases during the dive and oxygen mixtures of 21 to 100 percent can be measured. The Deep Stop RGBM allows you to add safety stops for these switches as it can be used in depths up to 660 feet or 200 meters. During testing it was found to be very reliable and capable, even after hundreds of dives.
Wireless Transmitter Features
You can connect the optional wireless transmitter to the first stage regulator, which converts the D9 into an SPG. For instructors, you can use multiple transmitters to monitor the pressure of more than one tank, which is helpful, as long as students remember to activate it before the dive starts, because otherwise, you have to return to the surface to activate it. The USB interface and PC software that comes with the D9 divers computer allows your dives to be easily logged and gives you a complete dive profile because it can store all of the pertinent data, including photos from the dive. This is interesting to compile information from individual dives, including the sites, conditions and any other information you may want to store as notes.
Other Things to Note
For Mac users, this software is not compatible, which is one of the only real drawbacks we have found with the Suunto D9, besides the need to replace the expensive battery, which is proprietary and requires the need to return it to the service center or the optional wireless transmitter feature, that has to be activated on the surface. Overall, this dive computer offers everything a deep diver could hope for in a wristwatch style computer. The all-in-one features are some of the best for divers that go on deep and technical dives. It is a superior option to consider when looking for dive computers.
Snorkeling and Scuba Diving
- Rip Curl Wetsuit (Anyone who is regularly doing water sports or diving for long periods in water faces the difficulty of staying warm. If your body doesn't have any protection you won't last long in ocean temperatures. With huge improvements in technology over the past 5 years wetsuits have made great strides in functionality. As this technology advanced [...])
- Waterproof Dive Watch (For divers who are not utilizing a scuba dive computer to handle their nitrogen levels, it's critical to utilize dive tables to hold monitor of downtime. To be able to work with these tables successfully, a dive watch is needed. How's a dive watch totally different from an ordinary wristwatch? Two points make it stand [...])
- Scuba Dive Sitemap ()
- Scuba Pony Bottle (Shop for Bargain Scuba Pony Bottles
When you click any Scuba Pony Bottles picture lower down, you will be taken to a different article that contains interesting details to assist you to determine, whether you want to buy these bargain priced and top quality scuba pony bottle, dive pony bottle, or diving pony bottle products.
We are [...])
- AERIS Diving Regulator (AERIS first hit the scuba scene in the 90's. Their efforts at that time where predominately the development of diving computers. They did more than that. AERIS and their complete diving range is one of the leading brands of feature filled SCUBA and snorkeling gear. Their level of success is the same today as it [...])
- Spearfishing Gear (By selecting a Spearfishing Gear picture below, we will take you to another web page that has useful information to help you decide to buy these discounted plus desirable spearfishing equipment bargains. We appreciate your patronage at our Discount Scuba Diving Equipment and Snorkeling Gear online shop. Here you can locate easily the spear fishing [...])
- AB Biller Speargun (Purchase Discounted AB Biller Spearguns
After picking a AB Biller Spearguns picture below, you will go to an additional page which has all of the details to assist you to determine, if you need to purchase these discounted and high quality AB Biller speargun, AB Biller spearfishing gun, or AB Biller speargun equipment inventory specials.
Welcome to [...])
- Scuba Diving Fins (If you pick any Scuba Diving Fins photo here, you will go to a different web page which contains useful information to help you decide to purchase these bargain priced and select scuba dive fins products. Thanks for coming to our Discount Scuba Diving Equipment and Snorkeling Gear store salesroom. Here you can get the [...])
- Scuba Diving Tank (If you pick any Scuba Diving Tanks photo here, you will be taken to a separate page that has useful information to help you decide to buy these discounted plus useful scuba dive tank choices. We appreciate your patronage at our Discount Scuba Diving Equipment and Snorkeling Gear store salesroom. On this page you will [...])
- Scuba Diving Lessons and Safety (... Go back to Part 2: Hawaiian Dive Boat
Go on to Part 4: Group Scuba Diving >>
The second thing that the boat crew went over was “clearing” your ears as you went down and back up. They explained the need to equalize the pressure inside your sinuses and ears as you dove [...])